Greeter Becca, Slenderman and the Fantasy Home Reveal

 


Ages ago I signed up to be an SL18B Greeter-Host and went to the training and everything.

I've been terrified ever since that I would forget all about it and I have nightmares where I'll be out in my boat when someone says "Hey did you get over to see SL18B while it was goin?" and I wake up screaming.



Ok it's not that bad and thank goodness there were plenty of reminders like one of my friends who did a countdown to the new home reveal for weeks.

As I thought might happen there were more greeters than guests at the welcome area I worked at on the first day but it was simply awesome and actually I saw a bunch of my friends as they landed. I haven't told many people I'm a greeter so it was total surprise for a couple of my frens to land at SL18B only to be greeted by their official greeter friend!


I love Second Life and the SLB celebrations are a great example of why. Everyone is excited and ready to party and it's just a great time. I loved standing near the landing and making a bazillion typos when I greet people. The Greeter Kit includes gestures and such that will say a lot of important stuff for me, but I do like to give a personalized SL greeting with butchered name and best of intentions.

So I greeted for while and we went to the opening ceremonies and Patch did an amazing job with the speech and the moment of silence for Ebbe was just so touching. 





I love the new theme more than I thought I would, and I was especially pleased to see some light from the trees because even though I love the shared environment it's just dark so much! Having light from the trees will be a help in making the night time more viewable in my opinion.



So then after that we did the boat parade and I'm not sure I took some pictures because I was driving a couple of friends in muh boat and then we did the usual  after parade dance on the dock and then it was my turn to host the BBQ Party which was awesome!! Thank you all for coming, we even had an appearance from Slenderman!!

What an incredible day, thank you to everyone that made me smile all day long!! Here's to Day 2 of SL18B!