Timelord Sandbox

 I love the "Barbie" aspect of Second Life in that I can dress my avatar with an amazing array of clothes- and I used to think I was the adventurous one of my friends because I was a redhead one day and a blonde the next. 

And how much fun is that? Hair with purple tips? Sure! I can change them when I change outfits!

Well how about all purple? I know! Let's try the neon colors in the crayon box!

So I went looking for a place to blog a set of scifi wings and goggles I love and bumbled into some awesome SL real estate called Timelord Sandbox.

I din't realize it when I went there that I have been to this place before trying to do a space type picture, but that time my outfit was from some oil rig worker costume I tore apart and the closest my fashionista friend could get to space clothes was a cashmere v neck without pearls. We were unprepared  but we had a blast anyway.

And remembering that sort of cluelessness is what got me thinking about blogging "things" as well as places, because all these amazing stores that sell fantasy stuff are new to me and thus I know that there are others like me equally looking for a cool thing that glows.

My plan- I was going to blog these wings and this visor that I wear a lot and are simply awesome, so I was going to pop into a "space place," grab a pic, rave about these wings and call it a day.

(I don't wanna be a tease so- the wings and visor come from SOLE and they are great. I LOVE this store. I will blog it more fully in a later post but for now here is a slurl for the goggles and wings).

However, this did not turn out be a post about wings, it is a post about the cool place in the background, Timelord Sandbox.





The search box gods were kind and gave me Timelord Sandbox. I saw a TARDIS when I landed, loved that it's not just a cool space station but also a sandbox and then as I went down the really great corridors of the space station I was more and more excited until I probably was squealing. Yes it's that awesome!

I had forgotten I'd been here before until some of the rooms seemed more familiar than just being from movies, and I remembered the cashmere space pirate shoot and laughed all over again. I had fun both times to this place, but having the right wardrobe had definitely yielded more pix this time.

Haven't you always wanted to stalk or skulk or saunter down the halls of a cool space station wearing your cool space clothes? OMG of course you have and that's what I did at Timelord Sandbox.

And I was soooooo far in when I realized I have no idea anything about the place I got hellaciously lost on the way back to the front office. It was such a fun lost tho because there's soooo many rooms full of homages to scifi movies and shows and it was just fun to walk around. It's huge and very well done.

I never got a notecard because I never made it back to the front office but I was sharp enough to like the sign when I landed so I grabbed a pic of that. I know I will be returning to this place again and again and again so I'll give you all the scoop eventually, probably, but it's just super cool and made for fun- dancing, hanging out, pictures and roleplay in a gorgeous setting!

Here's the slurl, can't recommend this place enough for your SL scifi space needs. ♥