Fly High at Lavender Lake Balloon Fest

 I am not gonna lie. 

I had a place in the holster just in case the balloon festival was terrible. Normally I go into all adventures with a totally open mind and ready for awesome, but I went into the balloon festival with misgivings because there are a lot of terrible balloon rides to be had in SL.

However. The Lavender Lake Balloon Festival is AWESOME. Check it out here!!





Wow is it beautiful, first of all, and second of all, it's beautiful! You'll see the pics here but it's actually even prettier in person.

Also, the music, it was 1940s big band swing and it was just fabulous. We took pics upon pics and then hopped into a balloon we got from a rezzer and after some trial and error figured out that yes, we can actually fly the thing, which I love. 

So now we were in the air taking pics on pics and spotted a big platform with dance balls so we flew our balloon over to it and danced. It was glorious. 

Lavender Lake is beautiful, and you can rent a place there and enjoy the beauty. The lake itself is gorgeous even under water, with a lot of pretty plants and shimmery things. Shout out to my eagle eyed blogging pal for that one because it really is pretty, if you're a mermaid I say this is your Nirvana.

So go check out the balloon fest, I think it only runs a very short time longer, literally get there now!!