Galaxy Quest, but not the movie

 I LOVE the movie Galaxy Quest. But this blog post has nothing to do with the movie.

Ok let me amend twice- first- that I LOVE the movie. I do, but I've only seen it like 1.72 times. I realize  that there are people that really love it and have watched it a LOT more than I have. I've seen it all the way through once, and then maybe bits and pieces of it after that, so there you go.

Interestingly, knowing I should watch it again, I tried to record Galaxy Quest once on YouTube TV just a couple of years ago and it recorded some completely different movie which I've forgotten. I believe I watched whatever was recorded by mistake and moved on with my life, but what makes the story funny is that it happened again the next time I tried to record Galaxy Quest- and again I watched whatever it was that got recorded instead. Let's face it- during Covid, movies are just the moods we nap to.

So, obviously, my second amending of my statement is that this blog post is not about about the movie, because so far it sort of has been. This post is about the Second Life Dance Club, the Galaxy. Remember that place?

The other day I blogged about going to Muddy's which was always a club to go to forever, even back in the days of the Galaxy and the Oasis. Muddy's got me wondering if those SL icons were still around and well, I'm not looking for a human pet any time soon so we won't be exploring any more oasis searches, thank you.

Remember those clubs, old-timers? Wall-to wall people and so laggy you couldn't move at all with our prim hair and bling dazzle script! HOOOoooooo! So I searched for The Galaxy and there were three promising looking places for The Galaxy!

The first is a club;

alas it was empty, definitely not my Galaxy.



The next was the club in the SS Galaxy, which is awesome, I would love to go to club nights there. But empty and definitely not the sweaty mass of pixels that was the Galaxy of yore.


The third place was on fire


 with some ape-like creatures in cages looking at me like a snack. I'm no Ordinary snack for some damned dirty apes, so Ok, enough Galaxy searching for this girl!