Remembering the Titanic

 My friend and I went to the Vordun Museum the other day to see the Titanic exhibit and I really do very much recommend both the museum and this exhibit. I was moved and my friend was as well. Slurl




They have chosen poignant moments and pieces from this disaster and tell the story best with simple displays and stories that grab, such as the tale of the violin that lives on. They add nice touches to make it more than a dull and flat presentation, such as mesh likenesses of important figures telling their story.

There is a passenger card that you receive and wear as a HUD as you walk through the space. I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed so I may have missed something but I had to re-enter when I realized I had left the exhibit without knowing the fate of my real-life passenger.

I re-entered the exhibit and was given another card, so now I have two passengers and, given the way the movie ends I don't probably want to know what happens to them. In the last room of the hall (ok NEXT to Last, we'll get to that) they have the lists of the people on the ship, divided by saved and perished and by the class of travel they had booked for the trip.

I assumed the HUD would interact with something and it didn't, which was probably my fault if I missed something, but I had all the info I needed from the Hud so I looked up my first person on the big list on the wall. He was 37 and traveling 3rd class so I had little hope and yet, he survived!

Well that just lifted my spirits and I wanted to then know the other person's fate and oh, no. She died. Claire Karnes, 28, 2nd class passenger. Here's a biography of her. Well that took all the wind out of my metaphorical sails and I laid there on the bench thinking about life, the universe and everything, I thought about how awesome it was to have such a moving experience in this virtual world.

Here I am wallowing after learning my passenger's fate.


Well done Vordun Museum.



Also, their exhibits exit into gift shops just like the real world ones! Haha!