Skrunda

 

My first thought upon landing at Skrunda was "Oh thank goodness, Inara is here!" 

That way, I can just send anyone that likes facts and details over to her blog because as you know I am superlight on them here in SLuggletown and she is the best and does a LOT of hard work on her blog.  This allows me to not worry about collecting facts and things and focus instead on important details like how the light plays on my avatar.

So then, my day got even better because for once I remembered to get a notecard and bam! I felt like a blogger. I know, I don't even play one on TV.

And what a fantastic notecard they give you! OMG ALL the facts I never have! I am gonna hafta start following Inara around, seriously, this has been the best blogging I have ever done. I have facts!

In a nutshell- this is Skrunda version three, it's bigger and better.

It's a Latvian town and abandoned Soviet military base that "epitomizes neglect and memory"
The card gives props to  Megan Prumier and Sofie Janic and it looks like a third important name in there is Titus Palmira.

Now- the important stuff- the light plays beautifully on my avie!
Just kidding, (well it really does tho)- 

The important part- THIS PLACE IS AWESOME! It's picturesque but in a poignant and very Arty way.

It's SUPER moody with great lighting and will make for some incredible dramatic backdrops for a harbor-dock kinda scene or anything urban. Unbelievably stark with lots of opportunity for great pictures. I highly recommend this place for pics and for the vibe if you need to get emo.

Here's their SLURL and here's their Flickr in case you're reading this at work again ;p