Wildcat Country!

I made one of my besties pose for a pic in an outfit she'd worn "recently" and as a reward for her hard work, she got to go out to a random club with me while I largely ignored her and noted every minute detail of the club so I could blog it. 

That sounds fair right? I mean she only had to dig in her inventory for like an hour to find the exact earrings I knew she had in there because she wore them back in January....

And then another hour to find the hair I saw her wear in March....

Ironically I ended up posting a pic of her in a totally different ensemble than the one I made her find. 
Into the Mystic

(Let me stop here and say I have the best friends in the virtual and real worlds!!!! Thank you all for putting up with me!!! Hug your friends and tell them you appreciate them!!!)


I was wearing jorts and so I picked a country bar, Wildcat Country!

I know this will surprise you but I have strong opinions about modern country music. At least I thought I did, until we went here. I like old stuff like Tammy Wynette and Loretta Lynn, Willie Nelson and Johnny Cash. 

I grew up with that twang of country music on little transistor radios in the million places of my youth. 

So when it became so big in the 1990s with Garth Brooks and Dwight Yoakam, Clint Black, and all the rest and it sounded so much like rock and roll hanging out with Jimmy Buffett I tuned out and decided I don't like new country.


Which is totally unfair because I do like all of those names above as artists and have listened to all of them. Collectively, though, I was not down with country. Nope, not me.


So we go to Wildcat Country and I know I won't like the music and fortunately I listened to it because I do. They were playing newer country, like today stuff, and it was really good. It still sounds like light, twangy rock, but I can live with that. 

After the jump my final thoughts on new country in general and Wildcat Country in particular as well as a slurl and two hawt pics of us dancing.




Definitely will go again. Lots of people, great host and DJ, we felt welcome and there were people there talking, not just bots pretending to be in IM. 

Most importantly, the music was so good it changed my thoughts on "new country." The stuff in the 90s was too commercial for me, this isn't any better with regard to that but the songs are catchier. So I'll give it a listen and will go on back to Wildcat Country for sure!!