Rock and Shock!

 Here's the title of the place

REBEL YELL CONCERTS presents: HALLOWEEN ROCK and SHOCK - SALEM THE WITCH HOUSE

FWIW it's a great title even though it's terrible because now we all have Rebel Yell Concerts rattling around our brains somewhere don't we.

The place is way better than the title too. Let's just get the slurl out of the way now, and then we'll get to some pics;


And then the obligatory "Becca stands next to a funny sign" picture.

Now to the serious journalism. Loved the place! Look at that sign there, there's sooooo much stuff to do! The place info says this is the 8th Rock and Shock so they have it down to a science. You land in a really fun little cartoon town;


And look at this lounge! (second picture below) I want to hang out here, doesn't it look like the dive bar of your dreams? The skeleton band was rocking but the place was dead, haha. Not but really, there was no one there. I really would hang in that bar. You can see it's actually two cool rooms, the lounge yields to the bar where the the skeletons play.



I thought the little town was cool enough. I did some dancing with a scary clown;


As if that's not enough though, when you leave the cute cartoon town there's a scary Salem village type town which is nice but the gem of Salem is the broom ride.

 Honestly this was worth the trip right here, I might go back just to take pics on the broom ride.


But wait, there's more. How about horses! 

You can ride a horse from the broom ride to the haunted house ride, or beyond if you want. The trail is wide and easy to navigate even in the murky light.

The haunted house is a totally fun ride trough some very weird stuff. I liked it a lot but there's some mild bood and guts type stuff. You get in a a haunted mansion-esque car and mouselook your way through some of this;




From the haunted house you can catch the inner tube ride, which I don't think I did right because I had a real tough time getting into mouselook. It was very pretty though, here are a couple pics;




I wasn't expecting much of Rock and Shock to be honest, the name lowered my expectations and then the build absolutely shut me up. Loved it. No problems with lag but it was pretty empty when I was there- get there now and enjoy!