Moondance Parx ROCKS SLEA Celebration

 I have had the wonderful pleasure of IMing Moondance Parx on a couple of occasions, to send her links to her work from this blog and my flickr. This woman is a fantastical breath of fresh air. 

I LOVE her work at Jed Luckless concerts and literally lucked into going to her performance at the Second Life Endowment for the Arts Celebration this afternoon. I was going to the SLEA Event with a friend and it just happened to be Moondance Parx and ten minutes before the show started.





I don't know Moondance well enough to IM her anywhere near a performance time, but if I did, I would have IM'd her with a very simple OMFG during her recent appearance at the Second Life Endowment for the Arts Celebration. Seriously. It was amazing. My friend finally got to see what I've been raving about, and she was completely blown away by the show. These particle shows that Moondance does are truly works of art.

This pic here by the way is untouched except cropping. Seriously incredible particle effects going on here:


The SLEA performance was part of a full day of events to celebrate the opening of the SLEA build (more on that in a sec). The build has been open but this weekend kicks out the jams. And Moonie did her part. Wow! (more on THAT in a sec).


The Second Life Endowment for the Arts (SLURL) is awesome with a side of cool. It's space for artists to use to create the fantastic things that we love in SL. SL spaces cost real cash dollars and the SLEA is the Lindens ensuring that the future of SL is as artistically rich as its past. There is a great bit of reading here about it.

The build itself is breathtaking just look at the top picture above! I will be going back there to blog it more, and enjoy more performances like today.

Ok, back to Moonie, this is a song about Moonie.

First a video- rather than fight with music people I just made it silent. Imagine if it's playing to something like this or really anything from the Little Creatures album.


How about I just get out of the way and show you her wonderful world None of these pictures have been edited at all. 






SLEA has stuff going on all day today! Check it out here!