You Have Mail!

I haven't written anything about Bellisseria in ages and believe me it's not for lack of activity, there's a bazillion things going on right now with Belli and all the great people in it and I do plan to cover some of it as soon as I unpack all this crazy stuff from the ShopnHop!

I wanted to pause a moment though and send some love out to my friends at the BBB and try to get the word out about this new post system they have created. It really is cool and my friend Ghost says this is just the beginning of it.

I kicked the tires on it last week and of course I ran into issues because it's me, but for the most part it all worked very well once you take my becca-generated errors out of the equation. You go to a post office, click the mailbox, say who you want to send to, if everything is ok then you ctrl-drag a transferable object on the mailbox and your friend will get mail!

In addition, the BBB (Bellisseria Bureau of Bureaucracy) has made a lil holiday greeting card kit that you can use and customize to send holiday cards to your mailbox-owning Bellisseria friends. 

It really is fun. You set up a free mailbox at your home (and set your land to allow the experience!) and if someone sends you mail it tells you, which happened to me the other day when I had friends over and we all squealed as I clicked the card and it read itself out loud.

Now, these are very smart people so they already know you can just drag and drop stuff on people without the mail system. This is about community. 

It's a crazy but silly thrill to see that you have mail waiting for you when you get home, and I think that any event or device that brings Bellisserians into a closer sense of community, and makes them want to go check in if not hang out at their Belli home is great. 

When we all took to the streets of Belli for Trick or Treating this year it was literally one of my favorite events in 16 years of this crazy world, so if we can get more feels like that around the holidays or Valentine's day or my rez day (haha) then I'm all for it and sending and receiving greetings is a fun step in the right direction.

As I said, my friend Ghost is running with this project and says that it will never be finished, always improving and changing and I just love that spirit (pun intended if you know Ghost's avatar). Shoutout also to Boo who has had to answer all my pesky questions for days on this, and both of whom give all this time it takes to do this stuff freely because they love Belli as much as we all do.

And for that, I will always take the time to help too :)

I'm sure there are a lot of great people behind the scenes doing great things for free that I'm not mentioning because we all know I'm like the fourth worst blogger in the history if western thought, and instead of actual research I tip my fatpack hats to them all for their work and feel we owe the coders and the designers for their efforts that bring cool things like this and the passports.

So, to get started, go to one of the BBB Post offices. You can get the mailboxes and the Holiday Card Kit there.


The other thing I thought was a great idea was this;

that little symbol thingy in my profile means I have a BBB mailbox. Send me some mail!