Bryn Oh's Lobby Cam Opens May 1!

[Update- I'm renowned for epic mistakes in these blog posts, but never have had the title of the post wrong before! Bryn Oh opened her awesome Lobby Cam early, it's open now, so go see it!!]

I intentionally did not take many pictures because the place is just gorgeous and I knew that if I had great pictures I would want to post them.... and I don't want to post them because I REALLY want you to go see this for yourself. What am I babbling about?

Bryn Oh's new work, Lobby Cam, opens soon and you really, really should see it. SLURL in case you want to skip all this and just go!!

I have been just dying for Bryn Oh to finish her latest work and it's done and it's truly amazing. I say again, we are really lucky to be living in Second Life right now to see these works by Bryn Oh in person. This is a new world of Art we're seeing her create in real time. 

Bryn Oh's work is incredibly deep but infinitely accessible and relatable as well as being visually stunning. The future is gonna be jealous that we got to climb around on this stuff and explore it so I do hope as many people as possible get out and see the works she has out now, I was blown away by Hand and The Brittle Epoch, Lobby Cam is a whole different flavor but still equally delicious.

So, Lobby Cam.

So here's the official scoop. It opens May 1st.

You will not want to miss it. 

No matter how you slice it, Lobby Cam is a gorgeous place. Go and walk around, walk through the buildings and look at the stuff. I bet you will find at least one thing that makes you smile and go "awwwww." On the most basic level of immersive Art it is a destination- gorgeous, well executed and just fun to explore.

Bigger picture though, this is actually a major piece of Art by a groundbreaking artist, interactive Art, Immersiva, where you can walk around it and click on it, sit on it, listen to it, drink it in. I will have to come back and explore the themes here once this exhibit has been open a while, but Bryn Oh's themes in general, and in Lobby Cam in particular, are important and especially poignant when held up against the "real" world we live in.

You can go for a quick visit, or go and seep in the vibe. You'll find intersection with the other stories in the Bryn Oh Universe, you'll find great pop culture references, you'll see gorgeous landscape and sky.

There's also a HUD that you can get and follow the story that goes with all this gorgeousness. You can explore and click things and the story will come to you. There is an incredible bit of interactivity available to those willing to do the hunt and follow the story and the clues. I won't spoil it more here, but I hope you will collect everything you need and fully participate!

Click everything! Drawers and cupboards have stuff in them, items link to videos of other Bryn Oh works, you won't believe how complex it all is and yet how elegantly and simply presented with the HUD. Wander, get lost, enjoy the many things to click and see.