Fun for a Cause

 A friend of mine sent me this link to the forum post about a month-long event she's part of to raise awareness about Lupus. This is a wonderful person and I'll support anything she's part of, and I also had a friend in real life whose mother had lupus so I made a point of taking the link and hopping over to see what what going on.

Well, I was totally charmed by what I found and you will be too!

There's a lil trolly ride and hot air balloons and some really great Art that artists have donated for sale and it's just a wonderful vibe and a great endeavor. This is I think the 8th year they've done this and by "they" I mean Sigma Upsilon Nu Sorority, an SL sorority.

Yes, you read that right, an SL sorority.

I was looking around the place and saw that it was sponsored and hosted by a sorority and assumed it was a real life organization that happened to have members in-world but in fact, it's the other way around!

So I IM'd my friend for the scoop on this sorority and she patiently answered my questions and even had a spare packet of info about the Lupus Awareness event to give me. This is a group that seeks to do good things for people and over the last decade-plus they have raised a bunch of money and awareness about Lupus. This is from the notecard in the info packet;

Sigma Upsilon Nu, is a non-profit RL organization in the USA that began in SL in 2010.  Each year Sigma Upsilon Nu turns to the SL community to Raise Awareness and Funds for Lupus of America and U.K by hosting a month long Lupus Awareness Fair and Fashion Show.  As of this date we have raised a recorded $12,000 US Dollars. 

I'll have to chase her down another time for more info to share about Sigma Upsilon Nu, a group of people together for fun and helping good causes is right up SLuggle alley, but for now I hope you'll go check out the awareness raising event at the sorority going on now! Lots of fun stuff to do!

Slurl here