Gone Fishing

 Ok, so here's the story.

Quite some time ago a friend of mine gave me an [N-O] Sport Fishing set. It's a fishing game in Second Life and we were at a competion and it was fun as heck and I had a good time, went back there to a few more competitions, and went on about my life.

I know quite a number of people who fish the competitions regularly tho, and it always lurked back there in my mind that if I ever need something to do, I can always fish. 

Which is the great thing about the [N-O] system, you just need some Second Life water nearby, it doesn't need to be special or active and you don't need to buy bait!

Well I popped by a couple of competitions not too long ago and felt the nibble of interest in trying this more often. You attach a pole and a hud and basically just need to cast once in a while. You can change the type of lure and bait you're using but that's optional.

So I enjoyed one of the competitions enough I decided to blog about fishing and jumped right in and told myself that I would let myself fish as much as I wanted for a week. 

Well, [N-O] Fishing has a website and it posts info about all the people doing the fishing. Being me, I thought the weekly stuff began on Mondays, but I believe it's actually Sunday, so by the time I jumped in I was already several hundred pounds of fish behind the leaders.

I went nuts and fished like mad.

There's the overall catch competition that resets each week.

There is a featured species each week and a competition of who catches the biggest of that species, which is where using certain lures or baits comes into play. 

There is also a "stringer" competition in which you save five fish you catch on your "string", each fish should be as close to 5 pounds as possible, whoever's string of fish is as close to 25 pounds as possible at the end of the week wins.

There is a whopper competition for the biggest of each species. 

There are fishing "regional" competitions nearly every day where you gather with other people and try to catch the biggest fish.

It's a LOT of fun.

I managed to fish my way into the top ten in total catch an had three beautiful fish on my string and made myself stop. OMG is this an addicting thing. I love it, and will consider myself an SL fisherman from here on in, but I was spending incredible amounts of time doing it.

HOWEVER. I multi-tasked and did most of the fishing on the deck at my houseboat, which sits on water so I was able to unpack and sort a TON of inventory stuff while I was binge fishing so quite frankly, [N-O] Sport Fishing was the best thing to happen to my inventory ever. I have already told a couple of non-fishing friends they need to get this fishing game so we have something to do when unpacking old shop and hop and SL17B Freebies.

Seriously, this is a lotta fun and it's a wonderful community of people. You can be super competitive on any of several scales with it or just chill and hang with friends at competitions. Or, use it as a carrot to unpack all that gacha stuff you still have to unpack.

You can get the whole kit here on marketplace and be sure to join the in-world group for info on competitions.