Pacifique

So one of my friends has been a mermaid for quite some time and even ended up on my flickr as a mermaid so when she called to hang out the other day I thought it a wonderful opportunity for me to learn mermaiding.

I bought the kit weeks and weeks ago after consulting with my friends Pan and Sweete, two of the loveliest mermaids I know. Their recommendations were solid and on point and as good generous mers they each even shared extra mer gear they'd picked up along the way and I am very grateful for both the guidance and the loot because I absolutely love my mermaid tail and have had a blast customizing and bedazzling it. Thank you both! ♥

Up until now, I have demurred from mer-ing in public, however. I wanted to ease into this thing because as we all know I still have trouble with even the most basic SL things.

So up until today I have just swum around my home waters near the Belli Fairgrounds a bit in my mer tail but, being me, have learned they are dangerous. 

I NEVER drop in on people but as I was out swimming in the bay one day it seemed a lil different than popping by in a boat or TP, surely they see someone swimming up, so I started to stop by a friend's who also lives on the main bay... well, ooops. I nearly dropped in at a bad time for guesting so I've relegated my mermaid swimming to designated routes and calling ahead at all times, haha.

So today when I got a chance to hang out in mermaid form I took the bullfish by the flukes and we swam around Bellisseria a lil. I blogged about the amazing big wet hole and its lil buddy ages ago and then again when they made Mermaid Grotto a passport stop but I wanted to see them again in mermaid form...

And frankly I wanted to see if maybe the lindens had upped its grotto game at all now that we've had like three separate waves of mermaid popularity, pun only kinda intended there. The answer there is nope, by the way, the crashed lighthouse and all is cool but there's so many gorgeous underwater places to go that aren't in Belli that are awesome we jumped to....

Pacifique. Holy cow is this place awesome.

Actually. Pacifique has all kinds of stuff, like you wouldn't believe all the stuff- beach, forest, gardens, etc. I'm only talking about the underwater part- it's worth the caps I'm copy-pasting from their notecard-PACIFIQUE UNDERWATER WORLD- 

here's more I'm lifting right from their notecard

a half sim of ocean magic.  Created for Mers to enjoy and those normal landwalkers too.   Everyone is welcome anytime.  Enjoy dancing, exploring, Club, Mer seating area, tunnels, nooks & crannies to explore.   A sea dragon is your vehicle of choice for one or two riders.   A scuba tour for the landwalkers or a good way to see everything without having to swim!

back to stuff I wrote, or will write here as we go.....

If you're a mer you'll find fin fun here, tons of space and cool stuff and awesome lighting for you to swim around in. Highly recommend this place for pix and vibe. Slurl to the underwater part. Slurl to the general area. Their brand new Flickr group!

So in the end I had a great day as a mer and learned that yes, I am terrible at controlling my avatar so far, I don't think I was once where I was trying to be for pictures but I had a great time trying!

Ok cue the fish jokes. My friend gave me lots of LMs to try as a mer so look for lots of articles about mermaiding here just for the halibut! 

Some pix from Pacifique;